Wednesday, January 10, 2007

About Me!

"It all means more than I can tell you.  So you must not judge what I know by what I find words for."

Marilynne Robinson, Gilead




I believe that this world is starved for grace.  No matter where we've been or where we are going, we face the sometimes incessant clamor of the daily grind.  Each of us needs to encounter the love of God moment-by-moment in order not to merely survive...

...but to thrive.  

To live completely, to live in abundance.


I believe if we live with eyes wide open, inviting God's presence into each of these moments, we will see the victory that His presence and love brings to us. When we give Him space to dwell, we find Him conquering in every single battle, whether it be great or small.

The Apostle Paul had a phrase for the triumph of the Kingdom: Christ in us - the hope of glory.

I have seen God win victory in my life, my marriage, and my children.  I have celebrated His victories in my church and my community.  I gather these stories in my little corner of the blog world to document and call to remembrance His perfect record of faithfulness and loveIt makes me more aware of Him and prepares me to say yes to Him more often.  It challenges me when my faith falters.    

You can get to know my story a little better by clicking the links underneath my blog heading.  Here are some of my favorite stories and posts:

The letter I wrote, Some devotional thoughts on scripture and marriage and children and life in the pastorate and loving like Jesus.

I'm a pastor's wife and a mom.  My faith, my marriage, my life, and my parenting are all in a season of growth right now...but even when I may feel as if I'm losing a battle -- or even my mind(!), He wins.  Even when I'm swimming and sometimes drowning in my weaknesses and inadequacies, He is strong in me.  This is the epitome of victory.  The kind of victory only the One on the White Horse can win.

My life is full of evidence that He is faithful.  The archives of this blog reveal my life before marriage and my instant family.  They tell the joy of my college and seminary years and speak of the deep grief I encountered upon losing my mom.  Most importantly, the archives tell even more of a God who would love someone like me.  


This is an exciting and challenging season in the life of the Alexander Family, also known around here as The A* Team.  I hope you'll join me as we enjoy seeing the Kingdom triumph! 

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
{1 Cor. 15:57}


0 comments: